Wednesday 9 December 2015

New

Following a recent consultation with my surgeon, I have decided to let him cut my head open in the new year. Surgery number three. What to say about that? Third time's a charm, of course. Or, three strikes you're out? Ha. Nah.

The surgery will be followed by a course of radiation therapy combined with chemotherapy. I can't say I'm too happy about the detrimental effects that the latter two will have on my general well-being. The doctors lie when they say it's "much safer now": the zapping technology has really progressed, blah blah blah, and they stare at their feet. As for the chemo... well. No guarantees! Yay!

But the cool part is I'll get my very own custom-made mask for the zapping. Photos to come most definitely! And (very notably), the temozolomide is free (unlike in Ontario and the maritime provinces, wtf Canada!). Because for all the things Alberta can be derided for, its health care system is pretty good.

None of these treatments will kill the bubblegum dustbunny. They will burn it good, with just a hope that its return time will be significantly prolonged. 

I'll be in Europe for the holidays, then back to Calgary for the imminent battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment